The Crowne Plaza Philadelphia-Cherry Hill
2349 Marlton Pike West
Cherry Hill, NJ
Times have changed regarding events that attract lots of good people. The staff and management of NJ Gamer Con realize this, and to the best of our ability, will make your visit safe and enjoyable.
New Jersey Gamer Con is all about having a space where everyone can have fun and enjoy their gaming experience. Because we seek to foster a cooperative, comfortable, welcoming atmosphere, we have the following rules for behavior at our conventions. As part of our community, we expect you to uphold these ideals and exemplify them to others. Here are the rules:
No harassment. This includes but is not limited to:
· Physically or verbally threatening behavior towards anyone or no-one
· Using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct
· Racial, religious, life orientation or ethnic slurs. NO BULLIES ALLOWED!
· Stalking, and/or other conduct which is obstructive to the comfort of others
· Unwanted physical attention/contact
No violence. This includes but is not limited to:
· Pushing, shoving, or use of any physical force or threats
· Intentionally or unintentionally putting someone in a dangerous situation
· Hitting, punching, or kicking
· Deliberate intimidation
· Unwanted/unwelcome physical or sexual contact
· Violent, threatening and/or tumultuous behavior which may cause alarm among others
While no person may film or otherwise photograph another person without their explicit permission, by purchasing admission to the convention, attendees are hereby notified that they may be filmed or photographed for promotional and/or other use by the convention. By attending, you are granting us permission to use such photography or other recording.
No illegal activity, including:
· Possession, use, sales, or distribution of Illegal/controlled substances
· Underage consumption of alcohol or other altering substances
· No visible intoxication by any person is permitted at the Con
· No firearms (guns), edged weapons, brass knuckles, dirks, daggers, Tasers, stun guns, pepper spray, or any other item, or replica of an item, which is dangerous, or may cause the alarm of others
Admission to the event:
· All persons attending the event MUST display their properly issued NJ Game Con badge. This includes all attendees, vendors, exhibitors, special guests and staff. Failure to display a properly issued NJ Gamer Con badge while at the Con will result in immediate ejection.
· It is a violation of this code of conduct to be present in any closed or off-limits area. Violation of this policy will result in the immediate ejection from the venue, and possible criminal prosecution.
· NJ Gamer Con badges are not transferrable once the badge has been issued at registration. Use of badges by those other than to whom the badge was issued will be ejected, and the badge confiscated.
The decision regarding these items are made by NJ Gamer Con staff or management, and are FINAL.
The aforementioned list is not all inclusive, and the staff and management are the final arbiters of what else may constitute a violation for the purposes of this policy. Any form of physical aggression will result in the immediate ejection of the offending party. As appropriate and at the offended party’s discretion, a report may also be filed with the local authorities. For other forms of harassment, within reason, you will receive only one warning from staff. Further offenses will result in your ejection from the convention without refund and potential exclusions from future events.
If a person tells you NO, your contact with them is finished. If you continue to attempt to have contact with those people, you may be removed from the premises. Remember: “No” means no. “Stop” means stop. “Go away” means go away.
If you believe someone is violating the code of conduct we ask that you report it to a member of the NJ Gamer Con staff, or email Events@NJGamerCon.com
All reports will be kept confidential, except where disclosure is required by law. In some cases we may determine that a public statement will be released. If that’s the case, the identities of all victims and reporters will remain confidential unless those individuals instruct us otherwise. Reports of obvious criminal activity will be reported to the police.
If you believe anyone is in immediate physical danger, or in need of medical attention, please notify appropriate emergency services (call 911) first. If you are unsure what service to contact, find a Con volunteer or staff member and we will assist.
In your report please include:
Your contact info for follow-up contact.
Names (legal, nicknames, or pseudonyms) of any individuals involved.
If there were other witnesses besides you, please try to include them as well.
When and where the incident occurred. Be as specific as possible.
Your account of what occurred.
Any additional information of the incident.
Whether you believe this incident is ongoing.
Any other information you believe we should have.
Don’t be a jerk. Don’t be a creep. If someone asks you to stop and leave them alone, stop and leave them alone. Have fun, play games, and don’t mess up anyone else’s good time.